1 (12 oz.) package maple flavored sausage
3 TBSP. butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to bake biscuits.
2. Start heating the pan and cooking the sausage.
3. After the sausage is cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage to a bowl, leaving the drippings behind.
4. Melt the butter in the pan and start slowly sifting in the flour with a whisk. Remember not to use a metal whisk on pans. It will scratch and ruin them!
The flour/butter mixture should be smooth and light brown when ready to add the milk.
5. Slowly add the milk so you can whisk out all the bumps!
6. Add the sausage back to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir often so that it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pan and to make sure it doesn't get too thick.
I just used Pillsbury Grand biscuits instead of making home made... but whatever floats your boat! I do recommend steering away from the "flaky" ones, they don't have the right consistency for this recipe.
Enjoy, Nolan did!