Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cajun Corned Beef Hash ♥

Serves 4.

No pictures again, because my memory card took a dump and my camera is nothing without its side-kick. ;) The next post will have a picture of the final product though. This is definitely one of the favorite recipes that I've tried!


  • 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup each finely chopped green onions, sweet red pepper and green pepper
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
  • 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked corned beef


  • TO MAKE!

    1. I started off by throwing the corned beef in a crock pot. I got the smallest corned beef at Walmart I could find. You don't need a huge one for this recipe or you'll be over-powering everything else!

    2. After the corned beef is done (around 4-5 hours), I cubed the corned beef and put it in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave to keep warm.

    3. I chopped the green onion, green pepper and red pepper. If you want it super easy, you could always buy the frozen pepper mixture, works just as well!

    4. Start melting the butter and cooking the thawed hashbrowns. After a little browned, stir in the peppers, onions, and the seasonings. Stir and distribute through out.

    5. Add the corned beef and heat through. Voile! You're done.


    NOTE: I served this with scrambled eggs on the side. Would make a super yummy breakfast dish if you made the corned beef the night before. =)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment