You will definitely want to put gloves on for this recipe! If the inside of the jalapeno gets on you, it will burn. Also, it burns real bad when you get pepper juice in your eye. ;)
1. Start by frying the bacon. I pre-cut mine because I feel like it cooks a lot faster! You can cook yours whole and then crumble it, doesn't matter.
2. While the bacon is frying, cut down the middle of the jalapeno, length-wise. I cut off the top, you don't have to. Then you want to scrape out the insides with a spoon. Watch your eyes, you don't want to get the pepper juice in them!
3. This step is optional depending on how hot you want your poppers. But I boiled them because our 5 year old probably couldn't handle the full heat. So we boiled them for 5-7 minutes. The longer you boil, the more heat you take out.
4. Start pre-heating your oven to 325 degrees. After the bacon is fried, take it out and place it on paper towels to soak up the grease.
5. Mix together the cream cheese, cheese, garlic powder, chili powder, and bacon.
6. Grease a 15 inchx 10 inch baking sheet with cooking spray and place mixture into the jalapenos. Its okay to overfill if you have extra mixture. Just make sure you have enough for all the jalapenos! I found that I could hand mold the mixture to fit inside the jalapeno!
7. Toss them in the oven for 25 minutes.
Nolan prefers HIS served with ranch, of course =)