I don't have pictures to go with this recipe. Its almost to easily understood to take pictures. That, and I had to get this done quick since Nolan was complaining about being hungry! =)
- 1 lb. pork loin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2 handfuls of all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder.
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced and cut into thirds.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced and cut into thirds.
- 1/4 of an onion, sliced.
- 1 jar of pre-made sweet and sour sauce.
- Pineapple chunks. (optional)
1. Mix together your flour, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a shallow dish or on a plate.
2. Take your cubed pork loin and toss it in the flour and use your hands to coat all the pork pieces with the flour, evenly.
3. Heat about 1.5 TBSP of oil in a deep pan or skillet. Or you can use a Wok, I just used a pot. =)
4. As soon as the oil is hot enough, gently place the pork pieces covered in flour into the oil.
5. Cook until slightly browned on the outside.
6. Add the sliced onions, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Mix the veggies with the pork well, cook for about 3 minutes. Add the pre-made sweet and sour sauce. Toss to coat.
7. Continue to cook until the pork is done and the veggies should be done, but crisp!
8. At the end of cook time, you can add pineapple chunks if you want it to be a tad sweeter. Cashews would also be good with this, too!
9. Serve on top of rice.
I don't really like making the minute rice, but what ever is easiest for you! Friend rice would be good I'm sure, too!