Excuse the tupperware container, I was packing Jonathon's lunch for work. =)
- 1 lb. rump roast, cubed.
- 2 (26 0z. or family sized) cans condensed tomato soup.
- 4 cups water.
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 TBSP. Weber Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
- 1/2 tsp. Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning.
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables.
- 3 cups Southern Style frozen cubed potatoes.
- 1/2 tsp. sugar.
- salt & pepper to taste!
1. Start by cubing the rump roast. 1/2 inch cubes should be about perfect.
2. Toss into your crock pot. Then mix in the tomato soup, water, beef bouillon cubes, and both Weber seasonings.
3. Cook for 4 hours on high setting.
4. Add the vegetables, potatoes, sugar and salt & pepper & cook for another 1.5-2 hours!
We did this in a regular pot for dinner because we were in a time crunch! The meat turned out a little tough because roast is meant to be slow cooked! So while thats an option, I highly recommend putting in a slow cooker! Or you could slow cook it on the stove by turning it to a very low heat and covering it.
NOTE: Also keep in mind that the longer the food cooks at a lower temperature, the more tender its going to be. The rule of thumb for slow cookers is if you're cooking it on the low setting, cook it for 8 hours. If you're cooking it on high setting, then it should be done in 4-6 hours.