- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste.
1. Brown the hamburger meat. Make sure to use an extremely lean ground beef (90/10) so your sloppy joe's don't get greasy! Also, fry the bacon until it is cooked, but not super crispy!
2. Put the cooked ground beef and all other ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours!
This recipe is extremely easy and yummy, and is great when you double it!