Stuffed Green Peppers
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup UNCOOKED rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese. divided
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed tomato soup
- water as needed
1. Bring a LARGE pot of water to a boil. Cut the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds. Clean out as much of the "veins" as you can! Cook the peppers in boiling water for about 7 minutes; drain. Spring salt inside each pepper and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. I also seasoned with a little bit of garlic power! Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water,1 cup cheese, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stuff each pepper with the beefa nd rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over that.
4. Bake, COVERED, for 25-35 minutes, until heather through and cheese is melted and bubbly.